An ergonomic chair is a great asset to any workstation whether you are in your home office or a traditional one. The principle of ergonomics exists to assist you in remaining healthy and comfortable while you execute the tasks and duties assigned to you throughout the day.
Ergonomics includes maintaining the natural position of your neck and spine to prevent chronic pain and other potential problems. The best chair is one that contributes the most to support you in your work environment. Ergonomic office chairs provide you with comfort, lumbar support, adjustability, and supportive features that make the need to sit and work for hours bearable.
Choosing an office chair can simultaneously be one of the easiest and hardest decisions you can make where office furniture is concerned. This goes double when you want the best ergonomic chair that comes with a great feature set and is within your budget.
Adjustable seat depth, tilt tension, headrest, etc., are also important considerations when it comes to choosing. What do you do if you want an office chair for back pain? What happens when you want to get involved in a more active sitting style? It is not the easiest thing in the world to find yourself the best ergonomic chair when so many of them on the market are of subpar quality.
Pros of an Office Chair
There is no better duo than an office chair and a desk. Office chairs are necessities in the workplace. Without chairs, where in the office would you sit? Would you put a cushion on the floor? Below are some advantages you should consider before getting yourself an office chair:
- An ergonomic office chair is created to provide the support that enhances your attitude, mood, productivity, and performance.
- It can reduce the constant pressure and strain on your back, legs, neck, and hips, and it promotes good posture.
- Having a comfortable seating position is crucial, as it helps with concentration and calmness, which gives you a clear head to tackle your tasks from an optimal angle.
- An office chair provides a professional appeal to spice up your home office or standard office setup.
- Investing in a good office chair can reduce workplace injuries and result in better employee engagement.
Cons of an Office Chair
- You can experience chronic health issues often associated with the sedentary lifestyle of sitting for hours a day.
- A large amount of space may be required to use the chair and move around comfortably. Chairs with the right form factor can help you avoid paying a spatial price for sitting.
What Is the Best Ergonomic Office Chair for you?
Now, it is time to dive into a collection of the best chairs available on the market. This should make choosing your chair that much easier.
1. Herman Miller Aeron
This Herman Miller Aeron is the gold standard where ergonomic chairs are concerned. After years of development, a slew of other office chairs are evaluated based on how they stack up to this one. While many of these chairs are impressive, none gives you the kind of experience that this one does as you sit at your desk.
It is fully adjustable, so you can modify areas, such as your seat tilt and height, lumbar support, posture selection, recline level, the orientation of armrests, etc. Your back and neck are bound to thank you for choosing to go with one of the best chairs on the market.
2. Clatina Ergonomic Swivel Chair
This is one of those chairs that doesn’t look very imposing but can blow your mind with both its price and its feature set. You can adjust your seat depth and height, armrest height and angle, backrest tilt, etc.
These features make the chair feel incredible, and it is also very supportive, thanks to the lumbar support that helps to keep your posture in check throughout the day when you sit at your desk. The manufacturer offers deals on pairs of chairs, just in case there’s more than one person who needs posture support.
3. Respawn 110 Racing Style Gaming Chair
Gaming chairs work wonders and that’s why Respawn decided to create a chair for the office modeled after them. Whether you’re gaming for long periods or getting some work in, the chair has your body covered. Segmented padding provides tremendous neck and spine support, and an extendable footrest helps you to maintain your position and get comfortable when taking advantage of the reclining functionality. The reclining angle range goes between 90 and 155 degrees. Incredibly, there’s also an armrest pivot function that makes the arms pivot as you recline.
The faux leather composition is no less comfortable than real leather, and there’s even a back cushion to help you protect your lower back while